Noise and Privacy
- All of us have been in a home or hotel even where all you can hear is the noise of marching elephants above you or below you the sound of music echoing through your floors. Having a one level living area is great to reduce the amount of noise that can be heard from room to room.
- The privacy that comes with one level home is also a perk, your phone calls and what you are watching on TV is your own business and shouldn’t be traveling through the floors to others in the home.
- Now probably the most obvious reason to not want to live in a home with stairs is that because stairs can be a pain! Especially for families with small children and for those adults suffering knee or other pain that makes traveling up and down starts multiple times throughout day problematic. In some homes because of this problem an expensive motorized chair has to be installed in order to go up and down the stairs. In a one level home this isn’t an issue. Even for someone in perfect health stairs can be annoying to have to travel up and down especially when bedrooms and laundry are on different levels.
- Can be dangerous! Stairs can be a hazard to a home, anyone who has fallen down their stairs can agree to this. Even with being careful eventually all those trips up and down the stairs can result in injury. Whether it is a bruised tail-bone or a broken collar bone. The risk is there. It is much safer on a one level home.
- Stairs take up space, the only perks to having stairs can be a sliver of storage underneath but mostly stairs take up a lot of sq. feet that could be better used elsewhere.
- Being on a one level home can make life much ore convenient think about how much easier it is to be able to access all the parts of your home without switching the levels of the home. This means the kitchen, the bathrooms, the laundry and the bedrooms on the same level. For parents having the bedrooms on one level can provide peace of mind to be near children to monitor them and make sure they are safe and can reach their parents when in need.
- A one level home is also easier to clean, no taking the vacuum up and down the stairs or attempting to awkwardly vacuum the stairs.
- Chances are with one level home you will be utilizing more of your home without wanting to avoid changing levels to do different things in different rooms. This means better use of square feet!
- This goes for the outside of the home as well, having a single story home it will be easier to clean and maintain gutters and the roof. Not to mention how much cleaner your siding and windows will look compared to the multi-level homes nearby.
- Having a one level home can be easier when it comes time to list your home for sell, or if you are looking for a home a one level home offers those perks as well. A one level home with all the important communities on the same level will be appealing to a wide array of possible buyers.